Here Is How You Know How to Price Your Product or Service
But first, a confession. About...
This is how the old me used to price/manage my business:
- Get client deposit
- Celebrate at Neiman Marcus
- Do a great job
- Use profits (if I could FIND them in my bank account) to celebrate (at Neiman Marcus) that the event was a big success and then,
- Well, try to figure out why I didn’t have more left in the bank when the whole frenzy was over.
BUT, when I tried to figure-out-why-I-didn’t-have-more-left-in-the-bank, I couldn’t, no matter how hard I tried, or the news was so bad that, guess what? I...went to Neiman Marcus to console myself like a crack addict on some pathetic bender.
Um, yeah, not good.
So I fixed it.
Here is How to Price (via the new me):
And here’s a little treat for you, my loyal followers! (You knew there was a reason you keep coming back to this blog, right?)
The step-by-step guide to pricing properly:
- Determine all the different ways your company earns revenue (one off projects, consulting, packages, events, products, etc)
- Identify what percentage of your business comes from each of those segments (hint: I talk a LOT about this in my book)
- Calculate your profit for each revenue stream
- Order the revenue streams by most profitable
- Pro Tip! NOW order the streams by which are the most profitable AND take you the absolute least time to do. That’s the trick!
- Market your business accordingly
Not so easy to actually DO it, though. If you’re confused or need a little more clarification, I can help. Or, if you’ve ever struggled with pricing or feel like you just cannot figure out how to “do it,” you’re not alone. And I have good news! I’m doing an entire free webinar to solve your pricing problems AND supersize your productivity (my friend, Angela Proffitt is going to teach this part) in the process. You know the two are tied, right? Depending on when you read this, you can sign up to learn how to price by watching live. IF you're getting to this post after the webinar has aired, no worries, just log in and watch the recording, which is yours to keep, totally free, no catch.
"3 Ways to Figure Out If Your Pricing Is Wrong & 5 Productivity Hacks to Fix It"
(even if you can’t make it, register anyway and we’ll send you the recording!)
You'll Learn This in the Free Training:
- 5 keys to a profitable business
- The 3 major warning signs your pricing is killing your business (and your spirit)
- 5 key apps and strategies that can be downloaded in 5 minutes or less (and most of them are FREE)
- A step by step plan of what to do next
Just sign up, what do you have to lose? If I give you ONE good tip, it will be worth a lot more than an hour of your time. Swear! Click here. In fact, could you be super sweet and forward this post to a friend? Learning is so much more fun together and karma is a VERY good thing!
P.S. If you feel like your plate is just already overflowing, you can go here and have ME get YOUR pricing for you, while you sit back with a little cocktail sitch. Super easy, super cheap.
P.P.S. You can find out more about Angela and me by clicking here. Let me know what you think in the comments below! xx
Sign up for weekly Pricing, Productivity & Profitability Tips now!
(All the tricks your competition DOESN'T want you to know about!)
Mine was Lord & Taylor lol.