As we sail through towards the last months of the year, we look back upon this year and (hopefully) learn from our mistakes and grow from our successes. When you take inventory on an entire year, you inevitably learn major lessons. Here are a few of mine:
1) Break up with bad clients. No exceptions here. No amount of money is worth a client that does not respect you or your work.
2) Off means off. On means on. There should be no grey area if you want to maintain your sanity. Prevent business burnout by setting and honoring work/life boundaries.
3) YOU run your business. Don’t let your business run you. Plain and simple.
4) Protect your creative thinking time by building it into your schedule. Whether its 20 minutes or one hour, build this into your schedule. If you don't, it will remain an intention or a dream. If you had no deadlines what would you choose to work on today? Really...think about it. Make room for the work you love. Don't allow the details to bog you down and allow you to forget why you became your own boss.
5) Minimize the time you spend on email. It is the easiest distraction. I'll keep saying this until the end of time. Check emails twice a day and have those sessions timed. You won't believe how many extra hours you'll find in a week!
Let's all work on making the rest of this year better than any other we've had!
So what do you think? Give me your comments and feedback below. And, oh, by the way, don't forget to tell a friend if you like what you see! xo