If you want to grow your business, you’ll have to figure out the most effective ways to grow your customer base. After all, you can’t very well make any money in your business without working with enough clients who are willing to pay you well for your services.
Maybe you’re just starting out, or maybe you have been struggling with attracting or maintaining enough customers to have a thriving business. But if you’re taking the time to read this, I think safe to say you’re not happy with the number of clients you’re currently servicing. And you're not satisfied with the amount of money you’re bringing into your business.
I have to be honest with you. Building your customer base is not easy. You have to willing to work both hard and smart. There are many ways to grow your customer base over time. But if you are looking for an infusion of new business right away, here are the top 5 tips you can use to build their customer base quickly.
- Work directly with a mentor who is already successful in a similar field. There is no faster way to growing your customer base than learning the exact step-by-step methods someone else has already used. Why waste time reinventing the wheel?
- Get out from behind your computer screen and meet people face-to-face. I love social networking, but meeting people in the flesh creates a faster bond. Studies still find people are more likely to hire someone they’ve met in person.
- Tap into your current customer base. Keep in touch with them regularly, and don’t be afraid to ask them directly for referrals.
- Speak your expertise. Speaking from the stage, both small and large, can be one of the most effective ways to set yourself apart as an expert. When someone who needs your service or knows someone who needs your service hears you speak, there’s a good chance you’ll get a new customer.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out and make direct contact. Connect with your existing network to make introductions for you, or simply introduce yourself. If you know of someone who might benefit from your services, contact them and make a genuine and generous offer to help.
Once you are able to consistently add new clients to your portfolio, be sure to monitor and capture what works well for you and what doesn’t. Put systems in place to strategically replicate your most effective customer attractive activities. Implement ongoing strategies to nurture your existing client and prospect lists, and put a foolproof referral engine in place. Before you know it, you’ll have a strong and steady client base that generates the income goals you’ve set for yourself.